Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I obtain copies of birth, death, fetal death, and marriage certificates?
2. How do I obtain verification of a divorce?
3. What statistical publications are available from the Vital Statistics Administration?
- The statistical publications available from the Vital Statisics Administration are available for download from this web site at the Reports and Vital Statistics page.
4. What data are available from the Vital Statistics Administration and how can I obtain the data?
- Statistics can be obtained for births, deaths, marriages, divorces, and population. Please visit our Contact page.
5. I am a genealogy searcher. Where can I find records for my research?
6. Where is the Division of Vital Records located and what are the hours of operation?
7. How can I obtain a commemorative birth certificate?
8. How can I register a home birth?
- To learn more about registering a home birth, click here.
9. How do I file for an absolute divorce/annulment of marriage?
- To report a divorce, download the Divorce Verification form and send it to Vital Records located at 6550 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore MD 21215.