- Perform periodic examinations and follow-up reviews of the accounts, records, procedures, and policies of DHMH administrations, facilities, and local health departments.
- Prevent fraud, waste, and abuse of departmental funds;
- Ensure the Department and its employees comply with all applicable State and federal law and regulation in its billing practices;
- Ensure that private health information Entrusted to the Department is appropriately protected from disclosure;
- Ensure that human subject research funded by the Department is conducted according to State and federal law and regulation; and
- Provide education and training for employees and providers