TITLE: GERIATRIC NURSING ASSISTANT II (1194) SD
SALARY: Starting Salary Negotiable.
CLOSING DATE: OPEN & CONTINUOUS
DESCRIPTION: Geriatric Nursing Assistant II is the full performance level of work providing assistance in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of aged physically ill patients who are residents of State chronic disease hospitals. Employees may be assigned to day, evening, night or rotating shifts which may include holidays and weekends. The work may require lifting patients, wheelchairs and heavy equipment.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in direct care of patients in a medical setting.
NOTE: Applicants may substitute experience in the direct care of patients for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATES:
1. Candidates must possess a current certificate as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant. A copy of the certificate MUST be attached to the application.
2. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CLASSIFICATION:
1. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
2. Employees must successfully complete an in-service training program approved by the hiring facility within the first three months prior to permanent appointment in this classification.
3. Employees must maintain a current listing in the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry of the Office of Licensing and Certification. Employment will be terminated for employees who do not maintain current listing in the registry.
4. Persons appointed to positions in this classification are subject to call 24 hours a day and therefore will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay service 1-800-735-2258.
APPLY TO: DHMH, Off. Of Human Resourcesí Recruitment & Selection Division, P.O. Box 22330, Baltimore, MD 21203-4330 Submit Maryland State Application - Form MS 100 - PLEASE NOTE: Most of our recruitments are an evaluation and rating of an applicant's training and education submitted on the MS-100 and therefore, may not require a written test.
Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one year; eligibility may be extended beyond one year period.