TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE CHARGE, PERKINS (0349) SD
SALARY: $46,563- $74,725 (Grade 18) Starting Salary Negotiable.
CLOSING DATE: Open and Continuous
DESCRIPTION: A Registered Nurse Charge, Perkins is a charge nurse responsible for nursing care in a ward on an assigned shift at Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, Maryland's only maximum security hospital. Employees in this classification supervise the Registered Nurses, Security Attendant Nurses and Security Attendant Licensed Practical Nurses assigned to the ward for that shift.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Two years of experience as a registered nurse, one year of which must have been in a psychiatric setting.
1. A Bachelorís degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of general experience
2. A Masterís degree in nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of the license MUST accompany the application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operatorís license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CLASSIFICATION:
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. After an offer of employment, applicants may be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform essential job functions.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling:
(410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay service 1-800-735-2258.
APPLY TO: DHMH, Off. Of Human Resourcesí Recruitment & Selection Division, P.O. Box 22330, Baltimore, MD 21203-4330 Submit Maryland State Application - Form MS 100 - PLEASE NOTE: Most of our recruitments are an evaluation and rating of an applicant's training and education submitted on the MS-100 and therefore, may not require a written test.
Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one year; eligibility may be extended beyond one year period.