TITLE: Patient/Client Driver (0086) SD
$22,448 - $34,716 (Grade 6)
CLOSING DATE: Open and Continuous
DESCRIPTION: This Patient/Client Driver is full performance level work transporting by van, buses, automobile or ambulance, physically and/or mentally ill patients, clients, supplies, equipment, medication, lab specimens or reports, donated items, mail and payroll to various locations in a safe, dignified and professional manner.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience operating automotive vehicles transporting passengers, patients or clients
1. Employees must possess or obtain a Class C non-commercial driverís license valid in the State of Maryland
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which involve the operation of large passenger vehicles. Employees assigned these duties will be required to possess a driverís license of the appropriate class valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification will be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation, violence management and basic first aid training.
OF THE CLASSIFICATION:
1. Employees may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the employee to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling:
(410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay service 1-800-735-2258.
APPLY TO: DHMH, Off. Of Human Resourcesí Recruitment & Selection Division, P.O. Box 22330, Baltimore, MD 21203-4330 Submit Maryland State Application - Form MS 100 - PLEASE NOTE: Most of our recruitments are an evaluation and rating of an applicant's training and education submitted on the MS-100 and therefore, may not require a written test.
Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one year; eligibility may be extended beyond one year period.