Applications for grants from the Health Care Quality Accounts are accepted from March to June, selected in July, and are awarded on a fiscal year basis. Grant amounts vary and depend upon the number of successful applications received and availability of funds. Funds will be disbursed to grantees on a quarterly basis.
A committee comprised of the following individuals will meet to review the proposals and determine which ones will be funded.
- Deputy Secretary for Operations (Chair)
- Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Director, Budget Management Office
- Director, Office of Health Care Quality
- Deputy Director, Federal Programs Division, Office of Health Care Quality
Once the committee has determined the proposals that are recommended for funding, the proposals for federal funding will be submitted to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. The use of state funds from the Health Care Quality Account can be determined directly by the committee. Organizations that have been recommended by the committee and approved by CMS will then be notified in the fall of each year.
To provide on-going oversight the committee will:
- Meet quarterly to review the required reports submitted by grantees. Once the quarterly reports have been reviewed and approved by the committee, additional funding will be released to the grantee.
- Meet at the end of each funding year cycle to review final reports submitted by the grantees.
Please download and complete the following form:
Please send grant proposals to Dr. Tricia Tomsko Nay, Executive Director, Office of Health Care Quality, Spring Grove Center, Bland Bryant Building, 55 Wade Avenue, Catonsville, MD 21228.