Tips for Frequent No Show Patients
- Offer support groups for patients to discuss issues and get feedback from peers. Our support group meets monthly in between shifts on the last Tuesday and Wednesday of the month.
- Assist patients with arranging appointments with behavioral clinic and other caregivers.
- Call frequent no show patients the day before scheduled treatment to encourage them to show up.
- Have patient mentors that also encourage no show patients to come to scheduled appointments. Buddy them up with another patient.
- Play games in the unit to create a fun atmosphere for patients.
- Reward those patients when a goal has been met.
- Offer magazines of interest and books.