Under Health General § 17-217, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene shall establish a Laboratory Advisory Committee to advise the Secretary on matters relating to the implementation of the provisions of this subtitle. The Advisory Committee shall consist of at least the following representatives appointed biennially from a list of eligibles submitted by the Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of Maryland:
(1) 1 member of the American Academy of Family Practitioners;
(2) 1 member of the American Academy of Pediatricians;
(3) 1 member of the American Society of Internal Medicine;
(4) 1 member of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists; and
(5) 1 member of the American College of Pathology; and
(6) 1 representative of the Health Industry Manufacturers Association.
The Secretary may appoint any other individuals or representatives at the Secretary's discretion. The Chairman of the Advisory Committee shall be designated by the Secretary every 2 years.