Board of Professional Counselors
What's New On Our Web Site!
Art Therapy License Applications.
- "(Please note there are two methods to qualify for licensure. Read the instructions carefully before completing application)."
- 1) Licensure By Waiver Application.
- 2) Licensure Application.
- "For LCPCs and LGPCs" :
- List of LCPC Approved Supervisors.
- Attention Alcohol and Drug Counselors:
- The Alcohol and Drug "Approved Supervisor" application is temporarily unavailable. The Board is working on new supervision regulations, and will be revising the A & D approved supervisor application. We apologize for any inconvenience.
About the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
Welcome to the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Board operates under the Maryland Professional Counselors and Therapists Act, Health Occupations Article, Title 17, Annotated Code of Maryland. The Board is the licensing authority of professional counselors and therapists in the State of Maryland. The Board is mandated to regulate the practice of counseling and therapy by licensing and certifying qualified counselors and therapists, adopting a code of ethics, establishing fees, promulgating regulations for the practice of professional counseling and therapy, verification of credentials, issuances of licenses, establish requirements for and verification of completion of continuing education, investigation of complaints based on alleged violations of regulations and statutes, create committees to advise the Board on special issues and submit an annual report to the Governor and Secretary.
The Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists meets the third Friday of each month, except July and August.